1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help on flying with a bass ny to philippines

Discussion in 'Bass Central' started by Trippydippy, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Trippydippy

Trippydippy

Nov 19, 2016
    Im gonna fly from ny to philippines with 1 connecting flight in asiana airlines. Basically from ny to korea then korea to philippines. This will be my first time bringing a bass on a flight ever. I need some help/advices/suggestions please do help i desperately need it!

2. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Feb 22, 2013
    Bangkok
    First, check the airlines policy For carrying ,usical instruments on board. But remember that no matter what their written policy is, staff at the boarding gate can make the final decision. If it's a full flight or there is some security issue at the time you are not aware of, then maybe they won't let you carry it on.

Arrive to check-in early to request if you can carry your bass on board. This gives you enough time for plan B if they say No. Also, you'll have to make the request all over again with your second flight.

Ask if there is enough room in the flight staff's wardrobe closet. That would probably be your best bet instead of storing it overhead.

Be polite when asking. Don't be argumentative if they say no.

What kind of case are you traveling with. Gig bag, hard case, flight case?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    Trippydippy likes this.
  3. srbbass

srbbass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Connecticut
    kev451 and Trippydippy like this.
  4. Trippydippy

Trippydippy

Nov 19, 2016
    I havent bought a case yet my flight is in april, just making preparations for it. Depending on everyone's advices on this thread and a little more research will i only buy the case i need for the flight

5. Trippydippy

Trippydippy

Nov 19, 2016
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021