1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help on getting power amp for SVTII ProPreamp and SVT E Classic 8X10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DMonIAm, Jul 12, 2014.

1. DMonIAm

DMonIAm

Jul 12, 2014
    Would like the lightest weight power amp for rack that will have enough headroom to strongly keep up with aggressive drums and guitars. I bounce between funk and thrash for styles. I had a QSC 1500 and was all I could do to get on top of cabinet and had way to many perimeters and switches. Look for simple, reasonable weight and power to spare. Thanks all !

2. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    A popular choice a few year's back was the Carvin DCM1000 - mostly because it was about the only shallow amp available at the time. It was also pretty light for a conventional amp - I still have one myself. It was able to supply 1000w into a 4 ohm cab when bridged. It is possible to unofficially bridge a Peavey IPR 1600 and that was another popular amp at one time - but too much power IMO. Carvin does make a newer, lighter version - the DCM1000L .

3. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Crest Prolite 2.0 or 3.0 depending on how much power you want.

nshuman likes this.
  4. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    ccp
    Crest and Crown have nice units. Loud and light.