Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help on how to play WAR PIGS by black sabbath or faith no more

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Wicked7Shark, Jun 1, 2001.

1. Wicked7Shark

Wicked7Shark Guest

Jun 1, 2001
    lawton ok
    Need help on how to play WAR PIGS by Black Sabbath or Faith No More

I need help on this and I keep getting lost when i look at the tabs and listen to the song. if any body has a simple way just to get me started so i can work up to playing the correct way. if anybody can help i would appreciate it.

2. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Does everything sound a little off? That's because it's recorded about a quarter step flat (at least the BS version; Ozzy musta been having a rough day). Ignore your tuner and tune to the CD while you're learning it, then tune back when you play with your mates. Try to use your ears as much as you can, rather than relying on the tab. Once you are in tune with the CD, you'll probably find that the song is easier than it looks on tab.

3. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    War pigs is fun on drums

4. Wicked7Shark

Wicked7Shark Guest

Jun 1, 2001
    lawton ok
    yea our drummer didn't really want to do the song at first but once he tried he fell in love with it the same for NIN's "Wish"

5. LimpChunk9

LimpChunk9

May 8, 2001
    Bronx, NY
    Funny that you ask that because my school band played War Pigs at a show. I didn't get to learn it on bass so I had to play it on acustic guitar.

6. The Bass line is roughly around an E run learn it and you'll be able to pick it up more easily. The notes being, from 7th fret on A string going down over first..

E D B A G E

the run is the same from 9th fret on G string, going down over. There are ofcourse a number of extra notes a semi tone ( one fret ) higher that Geezer plays but this should give you a start.

Geezer rocks btw

Stu