Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Help on my ampeg 8x10!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by punkindrublic, Mar 14, 2006.

1. punkindrublic

punkindrublic

Dec 10, 2005
    I recently got in with a new band and we down tune to C.... To my EXTREME dissapointment my ampeg 8x10 couldnt handle the lows... :crying: I was wondering what i could do to combat the problem? Has anyone ever used the ampeg 2x15 cab??? Should i just buy an ampeg 1x15 and bi amp the top half of the 8x10 and the 15 cab? Or would a Ampeg 6x10 remedy the situation with its port holes? Or the ampeg 4x10HLF? I dont know what to do and i am so frustrated.... You guys all keep sayin that the 8x10 cant handle the lows, but i never listened.... FOR SHAME!!! As you can tell i want to keep it to ampeg, ive had good expiriences with them.... Give me any advice you can spare!!!! :bawl:

2. My take: TRY out a 6x10. It might just do it.

However, i think a better solution would be to buy a 5 banger and not tune down. :)

3. I have the 810e and the SVT II Pro - AND a MMSR5 (goes down to low B) and my cab has no problems. Are you sure it is the cab? Are all your speakers in good shape?

Ah, but maybe I have lower expectations of this end of the sonic spectrum... I have heard this complaint before.

--tz

4. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    Never tried an 8X10E, but I own a 6X10HLF and 4X10HLF. The 4X10HLF is all you need to go way down low. Of course, you can go to an GC and try one.

5. SVT18E. Problem solved, unless you need zing with your boom.