1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help on pickup selection

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BassPlayer86, Mar 2, 2013.

1. BassPlayer86

BassPlayer86

Mar 2, 2013
    Hi, I just ordered a Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro bass, It has the P/J style pickups. I want to replace them with some pickups that will bring out the highs in my music. This may sound strange, But I am looking to put together a band soon, And I want to play the rhythm part with my bass instead of having a second guitarist. I already have a Ibanez EBD700 bass with active pickups that I really like, So if possible I would like to keep this one passive. I'm looking for something that will be a mix of guitar/bass. I have a Line 6 Spider III guitar amp that I will sometimes play my bass through(with the bass turned all the way down on the bass guitar), And I like the sound of it. I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. Also the style of music I play is hard rock/metal, sort of a mix of Motorhead and Metallica.

2. BassPlayer86

BassPlayer86

Mar 2, 2013
    86 views and no responses... Nobody has any recommendations?