Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help on what one to pick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by axman, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Well as some of you may have read in a last post. Im kinda in the the market for a new bass. I was gonna get a Warwick coravette but the other day i played a Modulus Q5 and really liked it alot. So here is the dalema the Warwick or the Modulus what would be your bass of choice between the two and why.

2. They are both considered nice basses. You would be better off playing them both then making up your mind.

Do a search and you will find many threads on both basses!

Warwick Corvette Standard Bass
    [​IMG]

MODULUS Q5 QUANTUM 5-STRING BASS
    [​IMG]

The warwick is about $1000.00 and the Modulus Q5 lists for about $3500.00

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. I'd take a modulus over a warwick any day. I have never been a big fan of warwicks. if you have that wide of a price range you should really look around at as many different things as you can. unless you found a good deal on this Q5.

4. I have played them both and yes they are nice basses the Modulus is 2399.00. They told me i could get the Modulus for 1400.00 plus my bass.. I thought that was a good deal.. When i did a search i seen most people up on TB where selling thiers used for that same price... It also comes with a hard shell case... The Warwick is about 400.00 less with no trade. And no HSC. Any more input would be great.....

5. play both and whichever one feels good in your hands and sounds the sweetest to you ear, get that one. I think this is definitely the best way to decide, because no one knows your personal preferences better than yourself. Good luck deciding!:bassist:

6. I would definitely go with the Modulus. Warwicks are a dime a dozen, with every numetal band using them now. The Modulus is a much higher quality instrument. The electronics in a Modulus are superior as well.