1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help on wiring rack gear.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by abcdefranklin, Mar 16, 2010.

1. I have a bbe sonic maximizer, sansamp di, line 6x2 xds95, and a GK 1001rbii, and a korg dtr-2000 how do i hook everything up :[[ :help:

2. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Is the BBE the rack version or the pedal version? Does the GK head have a tuner out jack?

3. The bbe is the 482i rack version. And yes the Gk does have a tuner out jack

4. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    Then here's the lineup:

wireless receiver --> Sansamp
    Sansamp XLR output --> PA mixer
    Sansamp instrument-level output --> GK head
    GK tuner output --> tuner
    GK effects loop "send" --> BBE
    BBE output --> GK loop "return"

Done!

5. +1 to what bongo said

6. Sounds confusing. I'm not hooking the sansamp up to the pa though. I thought i would hook up the sansamp to the BBE

7. Bongo's the man

+1

8. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    No. You could connect the Sansamp to the BBE, but in the rig you described, that would not be the right choice. As far as it being confusing, it shouldn't be. There are arrows for every connection. If you're not sending any signal to the PA, then don't plug anything into the XLR jack. RTM.

9. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching .com Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    DroppingAcidPedalEtching.com
    I would go like this:

wireless receiver-->
    Tuner-->
    Sansamp-->
    GK 1001rb-->
    GK effects loop "send" --> BBE
    BBE output --> GK loop "return"

This way if you want to use a lead instead of the wireless, you can plug it into the front of the tuner instead of the back of the sansamp. YMMV

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 3, 2020