Need help picking a bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LittleHellion, Jul 7, 2008.

1. LittleHellion

LittleHellion

Jul 7, 2008
    Hey sorry if I'm being an idiot for now using the search function but here it goes:

I'm looking for a good slap/pop bass with a warm feel, a small neck and small body. I want it to give me a good soulish sound.

I'm considering the Streamer Jazzman, I saw it at the store today and sort of fell in love haha, but I'm looking for more input as to make a good choice. I've been playing for a while but on a beginer bass and i don't really like the sound, its more of a jazz bass,pretty big. I want to mvoe on to a bass i could really enjoy playing.

Price range: 400-1000$

Also, if anyone would like to PM me to discuss basses and such I'd be interested even though i really dont know much, I'd like to be more informed. Thank you for the responses.

2. ynie92992

ynie92992

Jul 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    Jazz Bass maybe.

3. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI

^ That sounds a lot like a Sterling right there. Small body, fast neck, and awesome tone.

4. LittleHellion

LittleHellion

Jul 7, 2008
    Sterling huh, what kinda price those go for? also what brands do you guys reccomend?

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Them Warwicks have some small bodies. I've seen people slap and pop on them.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021