1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

need help pricing a swr 350

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tslicebass, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Tslicebass

Tslicebass Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    I am looking to pick up a little mark 2 and I would no longer need my current swr350 solid state amp. Does anybody know what a fair asking price is for these. It isint the 350X they are now selling but the discontinued 350. I think when i bought it (01 or 02 ???) it was $700.
    The amp works fine. Has never had any problems. It is a little scratched up from gig wear but other than that it is solid.
    I could post picks but i am really just looking for a ball park
    I was thinking $300-$400. Maybe $350.....:cool:
    Any help would be appreciated

2. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    Is this a question or a for sale ad?

3. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    This is a Question
    Because this model is discontinued for the 350x model i have had a hard time finding many of these amps for sale used. I was just hoping to get some other peoples opinons on a fair price.
    sorry for the confusion:ninja:

4. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    No worries - just careful with the "veiled for sale" ads topic in the TB rules section.

I got hit up once with that for this type of question. As for the SWR, not real sure. Last time I saw them new, they were going for about $500 - used value for stuff "in demand" is usually between 65-80% of the current retail value (not list). Items in less demand are significantly less (40-60% of current new value). Condition is a factor too.

5. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    Last few Bass 350s I've seen for sale have been in the $300-325 range. If you're a Supporting Member (which you have to be to post a classified) you can do advanced searches in specific forums. I do keyword searches in the For Sale forums when selling to figure the right price.

These are great heads. The old red-faced ones are considered some of the best-sounding amps SWR ever made. If yours is pre-Fender be sure to let people know, also mention the fact that the Bass 350 is 2 ohm capable.

6. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    how do i know if it is pre fender???

7. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Some 350x amps were pre-Fender (mine was), so since the 350x replaced the 350, I don't see how it could be from the Fender days.

eGay has 4 of them listed right now, starting at $300 and up.

8. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Thanks everybody
    time to upgrade my membership :) :hyper: