Need help putting my pedals in order.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by WordIsBorn79, Jan 30, 2009.

1. WordIsBorn79

WordIsBorn79

Jan 10, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hi folks,

I recently went out and bought a pedal board, mainly to store all my effects in one spot, so I don't have to keep changing pedals and what not when jamming and occational gigging. however, I ran into a roadblock: I honestly don't know what order to put them in! Below are the listed effects I own; please lend a bassaist a hand!

Snarling Dogs Bootzilla Bass Wah
    EH Bassballs Nano
    MXR Phase 90
    EH Mini Q-Tron
    Digitech Bass Synth Wah

2. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    I would put the phaser last. As for the rest, are you really ever going to use two or more filter effects at the same time? If not, the order is probably not going to make much (if any) difference.

3. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA

Pick one red, one blue, and the black. Problem solved.

4. dewi

dewi

Nov 10, 2008
    I always had one thought when I use to rearrange my pedals every other week. Do you want to wah your phase or phase your wah? Its a elementary way of thinking about it, but its the best way of thinking about it.

I hope this helps a little. I have a bit of a headache even thinking about what I use to go through with my monster board.

5. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    +1

6. J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    I was agreed with? Wow, its been a while.

7. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    "The pleasure is all on this side of the table"

offices1.gif

8. EH Bassballs Nano }
    EH Mini Q-Tron } These 3 can be in any order
    Digitech Bass Synth Wah }
    Snarling Dogs Bootzilla Bass Wah
    MXR Phase 90

9. Bassenstien

Bassenstien

Jun 13, 2006
    Mississippi
    +1
    I would just toy with the BSW, Bassballs, and Q-tron and see what was best. But you prolly wont be using but one filter at a time so the arrangement shouldnt matter to much.

10. J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    Can I have my stapler back? Who took my red stapler?

I havent seen that movie in a loong time, so I cant remember the exact quote.

The by BigChief is correct also, even though I dont think you need 2 wahs and 2 filters.

11. "mm excuse me, I believe you have my stapler?"

As for the second comment, ehh, I choose not to try to tell people things like that, I just answer the question asked. I've seen people say that the bassballs is a different enough pedal that its perfectly reasonable to have another envelope filter as well.

I mean, crap, I have 2 phasers, 2 flangers, and another pedal that can do either right now, so it'd be hypocritical, too

12. Can I play?

right now:

tu-2 > bass big muff > small stone phaser > carb0n copy delay > envelope filter > rc-20 looper > multi comp

sorry to hijack, appreciate any suggestions.

13. JohnDavisNYC

JohnDavisNYC

Jan 11, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar, D'Addario
    for the OP, i would go BSW > Qtron > BassBalls > Phaser... i would get rid of the wah and put an overdrive or fuzz somewhere in there....

that's just me.

j

14. its all a matter of opinion. effects will sound different on the front or back end of other effects. experiment with it for an hour or so and figure out which configuration you like best. id go:
    bsw > q-tron > bassballs > phaser > wah
    hmm... put a distortion > chorus after the bassballs and you could get some AWESOME crap out of that setup. may i suggest a little big muff and a boss ceb-3?

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021