1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help putting pedalboard together...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by taylor16, Oct 20, 2013.

1. taylor16

taylor16

Dec 25, 2012
    USA
    I quickly reviewed the FAQ so as to not ask a "dumb" question, but with a number of newly acquired pedals, I would like to put together a board for the sake of efficiency. I currently have/use Aguilar TLC compressor, Darkglass Vintage Microtubes, Aguilar Filter Twin, 3Leaf Enabler and Korg Pitchblack so I don't need a massive board like the guitarists in my band have. I'm looking at the pedaltrain mini for my purposes. What power supply is recommended to avoid unnecessary noise? Seems like either one gets a cheap combo pack for $30 or drops $200+ voodoo lab pedal power. Would appreciate some advice on where to go from here. And if anyone wants to take a stab at recommended pedal order, I wouldn't not read them :)

Thanks guys!

2. Diy board.

Get a 1SPOT, see how it goes before worrying about noncompatible grounds.

Tuner first, compressor last. Vmt probably 2nd. Experimenting is free.

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    My board has two Gator*G-Bus-8-US Pedal Board Power supplies and I won't use anything else I've tried the Voodoo and the Gator is cheaper half the size and has dedicated 18v outlets and is very quiet.