Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Iruleonbass, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Hi, I know I just made a new thread today, but this is kinda urgent I guess. There's a bass im looking at on ebay, jazz bass with Seymore duncan pickups, and im wondering if I can get a nice growly pop punk sound from it. The other 2 options I can with are a standard mike dirnt bass, or standard P-bass.

thanks a bunch
  2. Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Ok people im at the verge of going mentally insaine here, there's to much for my feble mind to handle right now.

The two bass's I think I want right now in my diffrent state of mind are the Fender P-Bass and Fender Mike Dirnt Sig thing.

Please help me.....Im walking around my house thinking witch bass to buy, and its 2am, its such a sad sight.... :crying:
  3. Musicfreak1988

Feb 2, 2005
    A Jazz can do anything... The neck pickup can come very close to a P-bass sound... But for (pop)punk, I think a P-type is more general than a J-type. Timmy C. (RATM) used a Jazz, but it was heavily modified...
    All the punkbands (blink 182, sum 41, green day,...) use a P... If that's the sound you're after, logicaly, I recommend a P-bass... Maybe you should keep an eye on used StingRays too...
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Is there type of insane other than mental?
  5. Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    you could go take it to the phsicall level where you go aroudn the city and blow people away with an SMG...

But Yeah I saw an SUB and Stingray that maybe could be doable for my price range, but im not sure yet. I have so much thinking to do.
  6. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    what is your price range?
  7. Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Free to like 350-400 ish and thats pushing it. Im looking at used btw.
  8. i'm pretty sure that's mental too.
  9. Hey, that bass looks pretty nice, now I'm interested too! But I've got more to spend than you do. Thanks for the tip!

...just kidding...I don't have any money.

...not really, but how's your pulse rate?

A Jazz with SD's (I'm assuming they're Basslines?) will get you a nice agressive pop-punk sound with no problems. Good quality strings and being agressive with the tone knob will help with the bite that type of music requires. I'd say go for've got nothing to lose. You'll have a great bass that will hold its value if, for some stupid reason, you decide to sell it.
  10. Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Well I had to play some Grand theft auto, (probably the dumbest game ever invented) So that cured my needs.

Anyways I think I may just go for it, I dont know yet.