1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need Help Really Bad, Please Help ME

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steele, Feb 29, 2008.

1. steele

steele

Jan 11, 2008
    I was just playing my bass last night and then today I plug in and it wouldn't play and the amp works. So I plugged in my tuner and it picked up absolutely nothing; its a Schecter Diamond Series. What could be wrong? Thnaks

2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Equipment works best when plugged in and turned on. If it's an active bass, check the battery. If passive, is the volume control turned up?

3. Agreed... probibly the battery. Most Schecters come w/ active electronics. You might want to check the cable as well, just to be sure... good luck!

4. steele

steele

Jan 11, 2008
    I changed the battery and used like three different cables which I don't think all stopped working magically over night, haha.

5. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    If you left the cable plugged in it could.

Test with headphones coming from amp if you have a headphone out?

6. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    It's hard to diagnose a problem when there's only one symptom - "It don't work no more!" :(

The only way you can get closer to fixing it is either opening it up and having a look or paying a professional to do it.

7. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Your input jack might have become unsoldered. That's easy to fix - open the back of the bass and see if there's loose wires anywhere, or wires that are disconnected.

8. steele

steele

Jan 11, 2008
    I didn't leave the cables in and the input jack is fine I checked and I just bought it last June.

9. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Well, with the limited info we have I'm just guessing here, but it might just be that your bass has been possessed by evil spirits or has been cursed by someone.

If you don't know any witch doctors or voodoo priestesses who have a vendetta against you I suggest you burn your bass at the stake. It works for witches, should work for your bass too.

10. Agreed, if it's not the battery, cables, or input jack....then maybe your fingers are incapable of sound for some reason.....but that is probably it.