Need help regarding EH Bass Microsynth problem!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by StarchMan, Jul 31, 2005.

1. StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    I just purchased a brand new EH Bass Microsynth from Long and McQuade in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. They shipped it to me.

Now, sometimes the pedal works just fine and creates all those crazy sounds you'd expect, but most of the time all it does is act like a fuzz pedal...during such times, it seems like most of the sliders just change the level of fuzz. I've only just realized this because I was not sure about how the pedal was SUPPOSED to sound until all of a sudden it sounded crazy like the files on the site. Recommendations?

2. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Set the "guitar" and "square wave" sliders to 0. Does it still do that?
  3. The filter is only enhgaged when the TRIG slider is properly set (probably about 7-8). I actually slide the trig slider down when i want to use the Microsynth just as a fuzz which works great. When you do that the STOP FREQ slider becomes like the crossover frequency for the center of the fuzz and the RESONANCE like the Q or bell or width of it.

I got mine at the Long and Mcquade here in Victoria Eh ;)
  4. StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    It still does it....

When I used a setting from the guide, sometimes it soudns like it's supposed to..then most of the time it's just fuzz on those same settings, like a really bad signal? It's not the cables, might be the adaptor or maybe the peda (Hope not!).
    It's pretty odd...
  5. psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    What's your setup? bass, amp, effect loop, etc?
  6. best results come from having it directly after the bass. No other pedals before it in the signal chain.

Also, the gain trimpot may have to be set as per the instructions which should be included - but can be downloaded from the EH site (go to the guitar microsynth, same thing basically)

Essential to set the trigger slider correctly and learn the "touch" of the effect. ie; how to get it to trigger consistently etc.

Setting to start and stop frequencys too close together makes it very hard to pick the effect. Also, lots of square wave and resonance exagerates the effect.
  7. StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    Direct to the pedal and directly into the amp.

I adjust the trim as directed, still no go. The signal is just really low and just sounds like disapointing...I think i'm just going to send it back as defective. I e-mailed EH and they said it's probably defective and I should get it replaced since it's brand new.
  8. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Seems like the best way. I hope you get a working pedal soon, because this one is fragile, but totally killer. PM me for some good pre-sets when you get one :)