Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help remembering a game

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Oct 3, 2003.

1. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help jar my memory about a game I played. It's for SNES. It was a side-scrolling adventure type. Very detailed and intricate. You began in this jungle area. I remember you began the game with a pistol.

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    we will need more info...

anything that stands out!

3. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I'm trying to think. I remember it was really easy to die if you fell off of a cliff to far. I remember you climbed up and down ladders and climbed across vines. I think that the premise is that you were on a different planet. (I could be wrong though)

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    out of this world?

I think I know what you are talking about..and I think that is the name of it.

5. sounds like any number of side scrollers to me, remember what the characters looked like at all?

btw, if youve never played it i HIGHLY recommend you try contra 3 the alien wars, by far one of the best shooters ever!

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    no, that one started on a desert thing, but the game was indeed complex and intrincate. Also you didn't start with a gun (you get that later)

you died easily in many ellaborate ways though

LM: still too vague... i have seen all those formulas in most side-scrollers

do you remember any boss? items? guns?

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Weren't there a couple of sequels for out of this world?

I remember one of them started in a jungle...don't THINK you had a gun though :meh:

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    ^^maybe "flashback", but i didn't played it

i only played and beat the original OoTW on a computer...

Original gameplay + amazing animation = great game!

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

agreed on all accounts.

10. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    It could be out of this world. You might not exactly start out with the gun, but I remember it is your first weapon.

11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
  12. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    hay dude :cool:

[​IMG]

13. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Dave, you are a genuis.

That's definatley the game. (started downloading it from cherryroms when you mentioned it anyways, but there are no screen shots)

Thank you for helping me find the game. :)

14. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    nah, you are welcome :)

I just got one of those PSX-USB controller adapter for my pc and i have been playing tons of SNES games from way back and some N64 i missed

I might go check this flashback game, sounds like fun :cool:

15. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    When I read "jungle" I immediately thought "Flashback". And it took you guys all those posts? Sheesh. ;)

The controls are a bit on the rough side, but it's a classic definitely worth playing. The animations of Conrad (the protagonist) are 1337! :cool:

16. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    It's Flashback.

I recently got this one for my snes, got to the 2nd to last level then stopped playing. I plan to go back and own it sometime soon though.

17. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Wow. I totally forgot about that game until I saw that screen shot. Time to head to GameXchange.

18. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Wow I still remember this game!

I used to play the hell out of it!

Very good game!