Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help remembering an Eagles tune

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Dec 6, 2001.

1. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I was wondering what the name of this song is. It appears on the "Hell Freezes Over' TV concert, (and the video I assume) but not on the HFO album. Timothy B. Schmitd plays a very nice bass line that carries the song pretty much. Joe Walsh sings the lead vocals. The lyrics go something like "....Help me through the night, momma help me ease the pain, help me through the night, once again" Thanks. :)

2. Its not 'One Of These Nights' is it?
    Jim

3. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    No it's more of an acoustic ballad type thing. It might even have been something Joe did solo/Jamesgang/barnstorm (since I know Don Henly did some of his solo stuff on the Eagles HFO tour)

4. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    No, it's not that one either. (Pretty Maids appears on the album, and Joe plays an electric Rickenbacker if I can remember correctly, on this song, he plays a 12 string acoustic if memory serves me right)

5. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    It's called "Help Me Through The Night" and it was from one of Joe Walsh's album "You Can't Argue with a Sick Mind." It's also on a few of his greatest hits CDs.

It's a shame that that song didn't make the Hell Freezes Over CD...

6. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Thanks Berklee. I found out earlier, by doing some research at a Joe Walsh lyric site, that it was called that, but I was still unsure as to if it was something Joe orginally did solo, or if it was an Eagles tune he just sung lead on.