Need help - replacing a Fender neck with a Warmoth

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jcburn, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Has anyone here on TB ever replaced a Fender neck with a Warmoth one. I love my US Deluxe J 5 but the big headstock and big tuners make it a little neck heavy. I'm fairly certain that a Warmoth neck with the 13 degree pitch headstock with Hipshot ultralites would do the trick and still look great. Has anyone ever done this?
    Oh and happy new year everyone in advance!
    Jake.

2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Warmoth makes good parts. However, keep in mind that the Warmoth neck is going to have two steel reinforcement bars in it, which will likely make it heavier than your stock Fender neck, not lighter. If folks have one complaint about the Warmoth necks, it tends to be the weight.

Why not try swapping out the stock tuners for Hipshot Ultralights first, and see if that makes any difference?

Mike

3. Yeah man thought of doing that - kinda dig the look of their smaller headstock necks. I realise the steel rods add a little weight but thought this would be offset by the smaller headstock and tuners. Anyone done this?

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021