Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need help reviewing a 700rb GK head and 410 Behringer cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by leogdud, Apr 16, 2005.

1. leogdud

leogdud

Apr 16, 2005
    i am now thonking about a 700rb into one 410 behringer cab

this setup would give me all 580 watts of power for $800 and the 700rb i could use my hole life as the behinger cab i can upgrade whenever i get the money, any thoughts would be much appreciated

2. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    While you will undoubtedly catch sh*t on these boards for using Behringer, it not that bad an idea. The 700RB-II is a good solid amp, and if you get the aluminum cone cab you'll get a pretty close replica of the famous GK+Hartke tone that is so popular for certain genres (thrash metal and heavy slap based pop especially).

Avatar speakers are probably worth a look too. Most consider them far better quality than Behringers, and they are looked at as "stolen ideas" either. However they don't make an Al cone cab, so if that's the sound you want your choices are pretty much Behringer or the much more expensive Hartke XLs (I'd actually recomend Behringer over the TP series hartke cabs).