Need Help Setting up Rig (I'm new with Rack Gear)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jamima, Oct 6, 2004.

1. jamima

Oct 1, 2004
    Thanks for taking a minute to read this. I've been researching rack equipment for awhile... I've decided on and bought the following items. Please help me with patching this all together and even where I should place all of it in my 6 space rack. I know it may sound ridiculous but the directions are greek to me and I want to do it right once. Here is what I have:
    1. 6 Space Flight Case Rack
    2. Furman PL-PlusDM Power Conditioner (1 Space)
    3. Peavey ProBass500 Amp (2 Spaces)
    4. BBE Sonic Maximizer 882 (1 Space)
    5. Sabine RT7000 Tuner (1 Space)
    Any help please? Thanks a ton!!!
  2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    put the furman on top and plug everything into it
    if the amp has a tuner out run a cord from the tuner out jack to the input of the tuner. Run the sonic maximizer in the effects loop of the amp. Amp effects send->bbe input->bbe output->amp effects return.
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Like IvanMike wrote, put the Furman in the top space especially if it has lights to illuminate the stuff below it.

Put the amp in the bottom as it's the heaviest item and can use the support of the bottom of the rack. If it's really heavy, invest in some rear rack ears to strap it down tight (if you can do that with the Peavey).

I'd probably put the tuner under the Furman and the BBE below that trying to put as much physical distance between the AC mains and your signal path.
  4. jamima

Oct 1, 2004
    Thanks a ton... You guys are awesome. I made one error as I received my sonic maximizer today. It's actually a 362... How do I run that to the amp?
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    To connect the BBE, run a short (2-foot or so) 1/4-inch cable from the "send" jack on the back of your amp to the "A input" jack on the BBE, then run another one from the "A output" of the BBE to the "return" jack on the amp. Adjust the "dry/wet" knob on the back of the amp to suit you. The wetter the setting, the more of the effect is going into the output of the amp.

To be honest, I'm curious what you're trying to accomplish with the BBE. That amp should be able to give you all the tone you need with its semi-parametric EQ. You'll need to fiddle around with the settings on both the amp and the BBE to get what you want. Be careful though, the BBE is a key ingredient in the recipe of mud.