1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need Help to identify my Fender P bass date

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cimchazz1, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Have a Fender P bass with a 369XXX neck plate and a neck that measures 1.58 at the nut. This is supposed to be a '73, but I'm not sure by the codes. The serial # could be in the '72 range maybe? Anyhow, all electronics are changed, so no help there. It does have screw holes for the "thumb rest" in both positions under the non-original pick guard. Anyone recognize this neck stamp (0103 1953) or body stamp???

Attached Files:

2. I may have just answered my own question. According the the info here GGJaguar's Guitarium and Ampeteria Dating 1970s Fender Guitars by Neck Code , the neck decodes as 01=Precision Bass, 03=Maple Fretted Neck, 19=Week Code, 5=Year, 3=Day of Week (Wed) so it decodes as a 1975 made the 3rd week of May on Wednesday. Either the neck plate is wrong or it's a '75 neck on a '72 body, which is what I'm assuming now it probably is, although I don't understand the pocket markings.

3. neckdive

neckdive

Oct 11, 2013
    Is there a rout between the pickups and control rout?

4. no

5. no rout,

6. Heres the body

Attached Files: