Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help to identify the model for an Ibanez Soundgear

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stoneroses, Apr 5, 2004.

1. stoneroses

stoneroses

Feb 29, 2004
    Saw this for sale
    Wedge Neck(5 pc wood) with mother of pearl inlay,
    bubinga body,
    it is a bound body.
    Bassline Pickupswood finish
    reddish in color
    the owner says its discontinued
    For those who know the answer to my question,please provide me with the link to the picture
    I really love to see how it looks like

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
  3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Nevermind the SR3000 isn't red, SR500

4. Chaputa

Chaputa Bass-Not just fo eatin anymore

Were the basslines stock?

I have a custom SR890, which they made for 2 years I think, but the one that I have was one of 3 that was made from the custom shop. Supposedly, the store that I got it from got 15 customs, 3 of each of the 5 different styles. All were 890s. The elctronics lasted about 4 years before crapping out, and I switched to EMGs...

...the point of this...just ask for a shot of the back of the headstock. Its listed there as to what it is. Ibanez makes so many variations and even though mine is listed as an 890, the neck and body woods never existed in the standard 890.

Look at the neck...

5. stoneroses

stoneroses

Feb 29, 2004
    suspense over
    its a sr990
    the basslines aren't the original pickups
    the owner did a mod
    and btw,the color is sorta reddish brown,lacquered wood finish rather than glossy red.

6. Dr.SixString

Dr.SixString

Apr 30, 2002
    Does it look like this one ? I got it last year and I think it's a soundgear 1305 but I might be wrong..the neck is regular (5 piece wenge/bubinga) but it has a gold hardware instead of the regular black and a solid mahogany body..(the 1305 has a padoak top/back laminates) also has a "custom made"
    block inlay on the 24th fret :D :confused: :confused: :help:

7. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    Yep, I used to have a SR1304 that was exactly like that except for a PJ pickup configuration. "Custom-made" as well! Bass played well and was well-built, but like most Ibanez's didn't have the tone. Needless to say, it didn't last long.

8. Dr.SixString

Dr.SixString

Apr 30, 2002
    Thanks PH, I don't like the sound of the bass but anyway, it looks nice on the stand ;) :D

9. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Dr 6???????
    You're alive and well????? :eek: