1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help to work bassline out...

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by gooberer, May 6, 2010.

1. gooberer

gooberer

May 6, 2010
    Hi everyone, iv just joined in the hope that someone can help me work out how to play this bass line.....
    The song is from my new band but the bass part was played by another person because i couldnt make the recording day, we want to play the song live but i cant work out how to play it.. and we cant get hold of the bassist.
    I know that the opening chord on guitar is in Eminor so guess thats the key of the whole song.

http://www.myspace.com/temallica

Thats the link to my myspace page and the song is on there...

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

2. Warfender

Warfender

Oct 25, 2009
    I'll see if I can get some time tonight since it is a killer bass line. My guess since I'm at work is some 16th notes bouncing from Octave to 5th and maybe a 6th or passing tone and some arpeggios in the chorus with a pentatonic walk maybe. This is just guessing from listening to it at work.

3. gooberer

gooberer

May 6, 2010
    Hi thanks for taking time to listen. Ye I wasnt sure if it was some kind of pentatonic run. I just can work it out at all but it sounds awesome. Look foarward to your reply.

4. Calebmundy

Calebmundy

Apr 5, 2007
    Nashville
    Do you read notation?

5. gooberer

gooberer

May 6, 2010
    hi i can read tab form but still struggle with actual sheet music :(

6. Warfender

Warfender

Oct 25, 2009
    can you send me the file so I can use my slow down software to transcribe? PM me.

7. gooberer

gooberer

May 6, 2010
    A friend of mine can read notation so could help me if you have soem thing in notation form? Thanks

8. Warfender

Warfender

Oct 25, 2009
    Check you email, I sent you the verse in a pdf.

9. Warfender

Warfender

Oct 25, 2009
    I sent over the Verse, Prechorus, and chorus for you via email. Let me know if you have and questions.