Need help -using a VT bass with Bassbone

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bherman, Oct 28, 2011.

1. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    Hi all - just picked up a Bassbone to use with my electric Bass and upright bass. I use a VT for overdrive and a little extra color. The question I have is about how best to place the VT in the chain. Since the VT essentially also is a preamp, I wanted to make sure that I use it in a way that wont damage the Bone due to the high output of the VT. Here are the options that I could think of:

1. using it in the effects loop
    2. After the Bone (eg, between the Bone output and the amp) but that would be a problem if using the DI from the bone to the PA since it would bypass the VT
    3. Use it between the EB and the Bone input (but again, concerned about the high input from the VT damaging the bone)

Any other ideas, or opinions about the best way to do this of the 3 above? I'm not that knowledgable about this kind of thing, and want to make sure that I don't do any damage.

Thanks!

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021