Need Help Valuing TC Electronics RS 210 Bass Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sam_S, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Sam_S

Sam_S

Oct 1, 2022
    Sorry if this isn’t the right place for this post but I wasn’t sure where else to go to ask for help.

As the title suggests I’m trying to work out how much I could sell my TC Electronics RS 210 for, I rarely gig any more and when I do I don’t need to bring an amp so I’m considering downsizing to something like a Barefaced.

It looks like the cab has been discontinued and I’m struggling to find any up to date listings online. I think it was worth around £500 new when I got it 7 years ago, I just wanted to see if anyone here had any thoughts on what would be a fair price for it today.

2. Welcome to TB.:thumbsup:
    Did you try searching Reverb or even eBay for seller asking prices?

3. Sam_S

Sam_S

Oct 1, 2022
    Thank you :) Yeah man I tried both and I’m not getting anything, just the covers and similar models but no RS 210s. Not having much luck with Google either, the only listings I’ve found have been outdated and no longer had a price on them. So weird it’s like they’ve vanished off the face of the earth

Old Garage-Bander likes this.
  4. Maybe they have. :eyebrow:
    If you have the only one left you might want to wrap it in tinfoil. ;)

Sorry you can't find any info on these. Maybe take it to a GC and see what the they'll give you?
    That would pretty much establish a bottom end price.

Have you looked in the GC used section for your rig, or Music-Go-Round?

5. Sam_S

Sam_S

Oct 1, 2022
    Haha or auction it off for something ludicrous :greedy:

Yeah I was thinking of giving somewhere like Andertons a call but wasn’t sure if that’s something they would help with.

No I haven’t tried that yet thanks for the suggestion I’ll have a little gander.

6. Sub41

Sub41

Jul 13, 2006
    North FL
    I just did a search and GC currently has a used one for $370 in ‘Great’ condition.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  7. Are you in the U.K.?

8. Sam_S

Sam_S

Oct 1, 2022
    Ah nice one, sorry could you send the link? It doesn’t seem to be coming up for me

9. Sam_S

Sam_S

Oct 1, 2022
    Yes sorry I should have said

10. That's OK. You can edit things so your location shows up under your avatar.
    Probably no Music-Go-Rounds over there, but you can still look and maybe do the currency exchange math.
    Not long ago the exchange rate was virtually one to one. Not sure about today though.

11. Sub41

Sub41

Jul 13, 2006
    North FL
    I PM’d you the link.

12. Sam_S

Sam_S

Oct 1, 2022
    I don’t think it’s too far off there. What happened to the good old days when I could practically halve anything in Dollars or Euros? :crying::laugh:

13. Sam_S

Sam_S

Oct 1, 2022
    That’s great thank you

Sub41 likes this.
  14. NigeJ

NigeJ

Jul 23, 2019
    Sd mine a couple of years ago for £300, with a cover in good condition.

15. Sam_S

Sam_S

Oct 1, 2022
    Ah wonderful thank you

16. ardgedee

ardgedee

May 13, 2018
    When pricing things using Reverb or eBay you don't want to look at active listings, you want the listings of sold items. You can get there by clicking the "All Filters" button and looking for the "Sold Listings" checkbox.

Reverb lists one sold RS 210 with a listing price of US$399. Keep in mind that's only what the seller asked, the buyer might have negotiated a lower price.

STR8 UP BASS likes this.
  17. Sam_S

Sam_S

Oct 1, 2022
    ah okay thanks for the advice, so that way I can almost see historical pricing? Seems like I’ve got a ball park price now

18. BassChap

BassChap

May 17, 2013
    Holland
    Not the same cab, but this might be helpfull:

I am in The Netherlands and on the outlook for a used RS 112 as a cab with my TC GB250 208 combo. Waiting for a good price for one near where I live. Have seen 3 of them offered too far away from me in a range between 150 and 200 euros.
    I think they went for around 300 euros new.

19. JeezyMcNuggles

JeezyMcNuggles Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Santa Maria, CA
    I suck, but nobody really notices
    300 bucks

Sam_S, Redbrangus and john m like this.
  20. STR8 UP BASS

STR8 UP BASS Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2022
    Best response in this thread