Need help waking up

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by parrott, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Right now it's 3am on Friday night / Saturday morning.

I'm going to go to bed just now, I feel about tired enough. And I'll probably get up about 1pm, that's what's been usual of late.

That's the sleeping pattern I've fallen into.

But on Tuesday, I need to be up at 7am.

Does anyone have any advice on how I could get up at that time? Without just feeling like a zombie?

I've thought about doing an all-night-awake things tonight or tomorrow night, but I don't think I can manage it. Any other suggestions?
  2. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    50mg Benedryl 1 hr before bed...bout 10pm or so.

3. or for the next few days go to bed at 10 pm and set your alarm to wake u at say 9am the next day, then 8 am the day after.

thats what i usually do when i know i have to get up way earlier than usual.

4. Nyquil works well, too.

Don't forget to eat an apple in the morning. It's healthier than coffee and will wake you up just as well.
  5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I stay up as long as possible one night, but set my alarm for like 7:30 am or something... then the next night, you are ready to sleep.

Your gonna have to do the stay up all night thing on sunday for this to to work though.
  6. exercise all monday - jump about, enjoy youself, run, beat on people :D
  7. I've been doing that - being more active than at any point else this year - and I'm still falling asleep at 4am.

8. What do you do all that time? I think there's something you need to tell us...

You're a TalkBass addict aren't you? I know I know it happens to the best of us but you can fight it. Just turn your computer off at 10 pm and cover it with a blanket so you aren't tempted. You can do it, I believe in you.