1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need help wiring P Bass Humbucker!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by one65721, Apr 28, 2009.

1. one65721

one65721

Apr 28, 2009
    Hi all,

First time here so please be nice! I have a humbucker pickup for my bass but it is not pre wired... One part has a brown and a yellow wire and the other has a green and a white wire. My P Bass wiring diagram shows a white a and a black wire to wire to the pots, with the two parts of the humbucker joined by another wire. I assume therefore that I have to join two of the wires together and the reamining two become the "black" and the "white"?

Can you clarify this for me as I hope to wire it up as soon as possible...

Thanks all,

Jack

2. Do you know the manuafacturer of your pickup?, then someone who has the same maybe able to help. If not, and you don't mind experimenting - then do just that - experiment.

Firstly, ensure that both parts are installed the same way up - if both wires exit from one end then have that end at the bottom.

Either way, pick one wire from each part - say brown and green - and join them together making the other two (Yellow and white) the "black" and the "white".

If this doesn't sound right, try joining the yellow and green together - so the brown and white becomes the "black" and the "white".

3. one65721

one65721

Apr 28, 2009
    Hi, cheers for that... As far as I can see on the sticker underneath it says (it's a bit worn) ......-TECH, MADE BY SCHALLER W-GERMANY, if that's any help at all!! If not I guess its a case of testing it out!!