Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Help Wiring P-Bass PUP

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by that one guy, Sep 2, 2003.

1. hi all,

did a search and could find anything specific to the p-bass configuration....

anyway, i just traded a basslines pick up for a bartolini pick up. the qaurter pounder that i swapped out had the standard passive p-bass wiring:

1 white (hot)
    1 black (ground)

the bart that i have now has a total of 5 leads coming out of it:

1 red
    1 green
    1 white
    2 black

i'm assuming that if i used a toggle switch, that i would be able to switch between series & parellel.

can anybody shed some light on what type of switch to get and how to wire these for max versitality?

thanks in advance.

2. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    You'll need a 2 way on/on toggle. As for wiring...if memory serves... you have to do a crisscross(X) jump jammie on the poles. :confused:

3. Link to Series-Parallel Wiring

I have my MIM P-bass wired this way. The pickup is a DiMarzio DP146, two leads for each pickup half. Four leads total. Dunno about your 5th wire... contact Bart.

4. thanks for the replies everybody.

the diagram was all i needed!

as for the 5th wire, maybe it's not needed, as it was cut way shorter then the rest when i recieved this pick up. i'll wire it up and experiment to see what results are available.

thanks again!