Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help with 2Tek setup

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by mbluto, Nov 20, 2002.

1. I need a hand with my Hamer 2tek Cruise basses... Although I have had absolutely no problem setting up my pedullas and other basses over the past 25 or so years, I have always been a little paranoid about setting up my Hamer 2Teks, mainly because of the bridge. Can someone share some insight (and help me save $50 every 8 weeks) on how to properly set up a Hamer 2Tek Cruise bass. Thanks in advance!!!

GeoBluto@aol.com

2. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    The same thing here. My Hamer adjusts just like any other bridge - saddle height and intonation. It's the installation of the 2Tek that's imposing.

3. Thanks for your replies...was a little intimidated by the two sets or phillips head screws on the bottom of the bridge...didn't know if that had anything to do with the set-up/string spacing/bridge height/etc. or if it was to hold each "finger" in place...the $50 every 8 (to 10) weeks is the amount of cash I deal out to my tech to set up both of my 4 & 5 string Hamer 2Teks (before adding on the cost of strings!).... thanks to your help, I'll take care of the set-ups myself. Thanks again!