Need help with 2Tek setup

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by mbluto, Nov 20, 2002.

1. I need a hand with my Hamer 2tek Cruise basses... Although I have had absolutely no problem setting up my pedullas and other basses over the past 25 or so years, I have always been a little paranoid about setting up my Hamer 2Teks, mainly because of the bridge. Can someone share some insight (and help me save $50 every 8 weeks) on how to properly set up a Hamer 2Tek Cruise bass. Thanks in advance!!!
  2. gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    The same thing here. My Hamer adjusts just like any other bridge - saddle height and intonation. It's the installation of the 2Tek that's imposing.
  3. Thanks for your replies...was a little intimidated by the two sets or phillips head screws on the bottom of the bridge...didn't know if that had anything to do with the set-up/string spacing/bridge height/etc. or if it was to hold each "finger" in place...the $50 every 8 (to 10) weeks is the amount of cash I deal out to my tech to set up both of my 4 & 5 string Hamer 2Teks (before adding on the cost of strings!).... thanks to your help, I'll take care of the set-ups myself. Thanks again!