1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help with a choice here...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by theworldismad, Mar 15, 2010.

1. theworldismad

theworldismad

Oct 11, 2009
    I am on a pretty tight budget, but have about 400 dollars to spend on bass gear- a pretty big deal when you rarely have much to spend. A local guitarcenter (yeah, I know :rollno: ) has an Ibanez ATK305 for 400 dollars, and I have been GASing over ATK's for a while... but I also can afford the Acoustic b200h/b115 stack for that much as well. I usually just go through the system at the venues I go to with a compressor that has a D.I. and use a 40 watt amp as a monitor to hear myself (which obviously works to ill effect depending on how close I am to the drummer). So, should I go for the ATK or the halfstack? or get the half stack and scrape up some money for an SX fiver?

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Feed your GAS! Get the bass.

3. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    THE MADDEST SCIENTIST
    I'd advise looking for used gear that hasn't been abused. Check your local craiglist, etc. An Acoustic B600H and 810 rig sold locally here for $350 a couple of months ago.

Disclaimer: I am NOT trying to advertise by saying the following: I'm selling my Carvin B40 bass, a USA-made "custom" for under $400 at the moment. Don't rule used gear!

4. theworldismad

theworldismad

Oct 11, 2009
    I agree with you more than 100% Christw! All of my gear is used gear from local ma and pa stores and Guitar Centers that I order used stuff from from all over the country!.. I just think that the ATK 305 is a good deal as a clearance Item considering that it sells everywhere at $550. Oh and don't worry.... advertisements are more than welcome... i always like finding a good deal.

5. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Pathdoc2 has an ATK700 here in the classifieds for $375 that is absolutely gorgeous.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020