1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need help with a nightmare

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by powderfinger, Jan 20, 2012.

1. powderfinger

powderfinger

Feb 24, 2009
    So I had the worst nightmare last night, and yes I know... dream analysis doesn't really interest many people, but anyone who has any insight into this... please help. This is weirdest, worst dream ever....

So I am dating this really hot girl (in this dream). We go on a double date with my cousin and his date. We go down to the beach (which is actually the shore from Lost the tv series). We are watching Beavis and Butthead on a portable DVD player, when all of a sudden my date starts flirting with my cousin, and they run off to the jungle together.

My cousin's date tells me she just used us so that she could hook up with my cousin. And then she proceeded to turn into a poopiezu puppy. I tried to pick her up to pet her, but she bit me and ran off. I went to chase her, and ended up in France, in what appeared to be the 1800s,. but there was a band playing "Why Dont We Do It In The Road" by the Beatles, but it was really a local band I know here in my town... weird thing is, they are a folksy/hippie band in real life, but we nailing this cover. They then did "I Walked With A Zombie" by Roky Erikson. I couldnt find the poopiezu or my cousin, or my date, but I saw these 2 guys who used to be on my hs baseball team singing along with the band, drinking beer.

I then went into a hostel, but it was friendly. However, my sister was in the hotel room stroking the attack poopiezu. The poopiezu then attacked me again, and I jumped out of the window into the water. I saw my date swiming, she was being attacked by Jaws.

Then I woke up...

Weird....

Any thoughts?

2. That is awesome!

3. Man i wish i could dream things like that!

I havent been able to remember a dream in almost 10 years!

4. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    Where can I buy some of that? :)

5. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ

*rimshot*

6. Sam Hain

Sam Hain

May 30, 2010
    Having dreams like that used to cost me a pantload of money...I say Dream on!

7. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    A Galaxy Far, Far Away
    Why would you need help with that? That was awesome!

8. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    And you need help with what, exactly?

9. powderfinger

powderfinger

Feb 24, 2009
    I just wanna know what it all means!

10. Keano

Keano

Dec 14, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    It means you will have to set up a double date with your cousin somehow and see what happens and report back on TB.

11. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Lay off the cream cheese and kipper snacks right before bedtime maybe?

I can't really say anything though. Over the years...

I had to scramble out of the way of a 747 landing on the field in the middle of one of my high school football games, played BTW before the 747 entered service.

Walking in the dark and seeing light from under a door. When I open the door, it's a big party, but everyone there are people I know to be dead.

Standing on a hill looking down on myself sitting on a little stone pier jutting out into a smallish, perfectly round pond while a sense of dread builds to the point I'm screaming for me to run, but I'm too far away to hear me so I can only watch in horror as a giant cross between a squid and my favorite childhood dog rises up from the perfectly still water and drags me under. I've had this one a few times a year for as far back as I can remember.

I have other recurring dreams, but they are so intense as to be physically painful, and I have real trouble trying to relate them verbally, much less trying to describe them in writing.

12. I'm 52 years old and have been haunted for as long as I can remember by the same nightmare.
    I'm being chased by a man who says when he catches me I will be melted down and made into tires for use on his used bicycle lot. I am having trouble running because I'm dizzy and keep tilting to the front and sides. The lot looks like one of those old used car lots that are always on tv, with the strings of lights and banners across the front of the lot.

13. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    I had a dream one time where I was stuck in the road making my way to class and got hit by a semi, while everyone around me just stood there completely blank faced.

This nightmare continued off and on for about 3 years, probably once a month or so, until one time I realized as the truck was approaching me that it was a dream, and turned it lucid, I could feel the truck pass through my body, first the heat of the engine, then the wet and cool of the gas it was carrying on my torso, but not my legs, since they weren't in the tanker. After that I replayed the moment again, but this time from a vantage point up on top of a nearby building.

On topic: OP, I think you should try to turn your nightmares lucid. It's very awesome when you do.

Also that's a really kick ass dream.

14. May I have some help? I have been had a strange dream, but all I can remember Triffids invading my grandparent's home while the family were there, so our grandad ushers us into the kitchen, only to see my cousin get dragged away to her (presumed) death. Our grandad then proceeds to beat all the Triffids with a stool from the kitchen. That is when I woke up.
    Also, another one which has happened a few times. Walking down the country lane near my home, when a mob approaches me (think London Riots) and stops. One of them lowers their balaclava and yells "Go!" under close inspection, I notice is my middle-aged biology teacher. I run away as fast as I can, but one of my best friends with a hockey stick and pushes me of a cliff which randomly appears out of nowhere. I then fall and do that little spasm that happens when you wake up, when your supposed to hit the ground.

15. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    You are experiencing feelings of inadequacy. You wonder if you're good enough for the class of woman you wish to date, or puppy you wish to be owned by. You are using your cousin to represent men you trust, who you feel are somehow superior to you. "Why Don't We Do It In The Road" symbolizes short pieces of music about sex, that some regard as album filler, but actually has a pretty good bluesy hook. This stems from a childhood trauma of some type, I'm not really sure which. Perhaps a day you dropped your ice cream, and it made you cry, as you watched it melt on the sidewalk, under the burning Tuscany sun. If you have never been to Tuscany, then it is more likely an Oedipal thing.

The beach from "Lost" symbolizes TV shows that claim to have an actual plot, but really has a team of writers who are grasping at straws, just hoping they can wind up one convoluted storyline out of the seventy three they have started. This is related to someone who left you, and your overall fear of abandonment. Everyone has this fear, to some degree, except for a guy in New Jersey, who, for no reason I can understand, has no fears at all, explaining his many burns.

The good news is, you have a future writing synopses for TV pilots.

The bad news is, you must never eat anything with almonds in it ever again.

16. That dream is purely sexual in nature.

You are either masturbating too much, or not enough.

17. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I think that's the essence of nearly every problem. The question is, what to do about it?

If only there was an answer somewhere on the internet...

18. +1 to the lay-off-the-cheese comment :p

19. powderfinger

powderfinger

Feb 24, 2009
    @Mellowinman,

I think you might be right. I haven't dated seriously in about 3 years. I had a gf last year on and off for a short bit, but she was young, and nice looking, and nothing serious. I guess, approaching 40, I am beginning to wonder why I havent settled down yet, and I feel I missed the boat oftentimes, when I think of my friends and family who did settle down.

My cousin in the dream and I were buddies as teenagers, but grew apart as men. He married and a had a kid. I chased the music dream, and never settled down. And honestly at my age now, do not wish to ever have kids. Most of the relationships I had in my younger days were short lived and just for fun. So now that Im older, not dating, and not active in music... for the first time in my life... Im kind of lonely.

So.... the other week I met a beautiful woman. Doctor. Well off. SINGLE! We hit it off. Had a date. Had a nice kiss :) I was a gentleman. She thought I was funny, and we had a great time. I tried to call and text after our date, but my texts went unreplied and calls unanswered. I know she is alive, but she ducked out for no reason that I am aware of.

I guess the dream is just a representation of how I am feeling. But what I wanna know is what the poopiezu has to do with it. And I havent thought of Lost in years, btw.

20. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I'm guessing, (and hold your applause, by the way,) that when you're feeling a little lonely and vulnerable, you're thinking maybe life is the shi tsu?

Seriously, I think it ties into the desire for companionship.

I married for the first time at almost 40, and it's still working out OK.

You never know how things will turn out.