1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need help with a possible scammer: LA area

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mattsk42, May 12, 2006.

1. I bought an Ampeg cab off of craigslist. Good contact, etc. Then I pay and e-mail contact stops. I contact the girlfriend of the guy and get a promise of sending, then that contact stops. I'd be sure it was a scam, but both have sold stuff before, and the girlfriend is "stroger" on ebay who has like hundreds of positive feedback (lots for bass stuff) and only one negative.

They live in LA, and are in a band called Night wounds. Is there anyone there who could call them or drive by and ask if they have my cab? Or what should I do? I have an address and phone number, but it's long distance for me here so I haven't tried it yet.

2. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

I'd try calling them first.

3. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Honestly, I think it would be worth the 5-30 cents per minute to deal with this yourself.
    If for some reason you don't have access to long distance at home, then buy a calling card for a few bucks.

ANY resolution related to issues of buyers and sellers requires that the two contact each-other and work things out first, before going to any third party.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    You're out some cash on a cabinet, and you're worried about a long distance phone call?

-Mike

5. I'm just at school house right now, so I don't even have a landline. I think they're legit, but really lazy kids. So if someone was in the area anyway I thought they might be able to see what was up. The guy was in the hospital when he sold it.

6. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    I can go rough 'em up if you need it. ;)

7. Yeah man! Go trash their car! That always works! :D