need help with a riff

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by monkey_bubbles, Jan 27, 2003.

1. monkey_bubbles

Dec 28, 2002
    im writing a rift to work behind a friends guitar. well more the other way around but his will be louder. we are putting a metal group together, not nu-metal, more inflames style.

anyway, heres the intro/verse and probably the closing where it will fade off. it will be a wordless song.

g --9---9-----7---7----
    d ---9---9\7---7---7/9-
    a -7---7-----5---5-----
    e ----------------------

i would like to know if any of you could help me out in making any improvements and possibly helping me come up with a chorus rift. i know it would be hard to do without knowing what the song is like but any suggestions on a rift you guys have been thinking of and that i could play off of would be great. also, the whole song is based around the bass lines so we can be creative.

im going to try to record this so you can catch the speed. the address will be . i wont be able to upload it untill tomorrow because its 1100 pm and i got to get to bed for school. ill probably have it on about 3 pm eastern.

2. Well that link doesn't work.

I can, however, suggest that you make use of contrary motion.

Guitars go up, you go down. Try adding accents, by plucking a string so it goes *DUHN!* and stands out, try bending the strings..add vibratos.

Well, contact me at (email), or at GJMVI for AIM if you happen to get more material for me to judge, it's hard to tell from 2 bars of material :)
  3. monkey_bubbles

Dec 28, 2002
    ok its up. the queslity is far for suyb-impressive though. i had no real way to record it except through winddows sound recorder and i have no mic for my comp, so i had to wedge my amp right next to the mic hole on my moniter. still its the basic of the song, just repeat that over about 2 times longer than what it is and you have a verse section.