1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need help with amp and cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Goatfish, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Goatfish

Goatfish

Aug 18, 2007
    hello i own a warwick profet 3.2 and a warwick 115pro (8ohm)

can my amp handle my 115pro and a warwick 411pro if both is 8 ohm? or will there not be enough power from my amp head?

really need help with this one before i make an order...

2. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    300 watts into 4 ohms should be enough juice to run those cabinets although it won't be "optimal". Just be careful with turning up the volume! If you feel like you're cranking it up and your amp starts clipping, you'll be sending a high amount of current to your speakers and possibly fry your voice coils.

That's right...IME, people blow speakers way more often due to underpowered amplifiers rather than overpowered amplifiers. And volume comes from size, number, and efficiency of your speakers as well. An amp's power is just a measure of how much work it can do on your speakers.

3. Goatfish

Goatfish

Aug 18, 2007
    ok thanks...
    do you can play loud enough to keep up with the drummer in my band in a rehearsal without blowing any speakers? i will buy a new amp head next year... saving money atm...
    thinking about the new laney nexus tube head... but it's alot of money and can't afford that untill next year

4. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    I'd say it would be loud enough - Have ya thought about going with the Warwick 5.1 and just the 411 4x10 cabinet? They're more evenly matched in power and with that head you get a better EQ and more headroom so your bass notes stay dry and full sounding. There are a lot of bassists too that use just a single 4x10 cab as their only backing and many of them have enough volume to spare.

5. Goatfish

Goatfish

Aug 18, 2007
    i have thought about a better amp head but it is not so easy to sell the one i have... and i like to have a 15" it gives good power to my B string.. i play on a esp ltd 5 stringed bass