1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

need help with amp!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mebusdriver, May 20, 2002.

  1. ok. i jus got an ampeg 6x10. the cabinet can hold about 1100 watts. i have an swr workingman 4004 (400 watts). but i think that i need some more power. should i get a power amp. if i do i only need 200 to 300 watts added, dose anyone make those. or if i don't dose anyone have any help. any ways to boost the ampage. little bass player secrets. please help. Thanks.:confused:
  2. lneal


    Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    If you want more power, you'll have to get a more powerful amplifier. Simple as that.
  3. ndjx


    Oct 26, 2001
    I find that funny you need more than that... but you may wanna try the Carvin RL600(600 watts bridged at 4 ohms) or RL1000(1000 watts bridged at 4 ohms) heads another option would be getting a Preamp/Poweramp setup.
  4. you can't add watts to your existing amp with the power amp, all the wattage will come from the power amp. so if you want 600 watts, you'll need a 600 watt power amp, not a 200 watt one.
  5. malibu

    malibu Guest

    Dec 26, 2001
    some send effects are "in-line" loops which can run into an external power amp - you'd just never return and are running it as a preamp into the new poweramp --
    but since your's is a "sidechain" send effects I'm pretty much gonna agree with dancehallclasher -
    unless there is someone who can figure out a way to go in there and get the pre-amp signal out.
    Good luck.
  6. Eric Cioe

    Eric Cioe

    Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    if you had a stereo cabinet, like an ampeg 8x10 that is actually 2 4x10s, you could run one power amp into one side and the head into the other, right?
  7. lneal


    Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    Yes you could. I'm not familiar with that head, but you could come out of an effects send, preamp out or even a DI output if it has a 1/4" jack on it and send it to an outboard power amp.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.