Need help with buying a new bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by croby, Oct 27, 2005.

1. croby

Oct 27, 2005
    Hello, I have played bass for like 1,5 year now and I was thinking of to buy my second bass soon. And I want to have that have good quality so I can play it long in the future too and the pricerange will be around like 500$...

So I was thinking about this one an OLP MM2:

Have anyone tryed it so please tell if it's a good or bad bass and so on, and it would be great if u could mention some more good basses in the pricerange around 500$...

Btw. the music style I play is mostly punk/punkrock and hardrock so u know...
  2. dwm612

dwm612 Guest

Nov 2, 2005
    Olney, Maryland
    Hey Croby -
    I'm currently playing an OLP MM2 (4 string) and I really don't have any complaints. It sounds great, it's fairly light, great size. Awesome pick-ups for the price of this guitar in my opinion. I believe you can pick one up in stores for just over $250 right now and it's worth it. One thing to be informed of, if you're really rough with your basses (i.e. left out of case, daily play, etc...) this guitar is fragile without care (like most basses). I've had very minor set backs (stripped strap lock, loose tone knob). All in all, a great bass for the buck... If you have any specific questions about that model just ask and I'll get more detailed.
  3. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    You didn't mention what bass you are currently using. I think you really should go to your nearest bass store and try as many as you can within your price range to see how they feel and sound. The OLP MM you mentioned has good reviews for a lower priced bass but I would not recommend buying one without trying it first. You should check for things like dead spots on the neck, weight of the bass and playability before you spend. Within your budget there are plenty of options both new and used. Yamaha BB models, Fender standard precision and jazz, Ibanez SR models are only a few suggestions. Try before you buy whenever possible.