1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help with country tabs...

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by roller2di, May 29, 2012.

1. You know the drill, the singer wants to add these songs to the next show, which is in a few weeks, unfortunately, it takes me forever to tab a song out as I wasn't blessed with a great ear.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Kip Moore - Somethin Bout A Truck
    Brooks & Dunn - Hillbilly Deluxe
    Tim McGraw - Find Out Who Your Friends Are
    Jason Aldean - Crazy Town
    Chris Cagle - Get my Country On
    Jason Aldean - Fly Over States

My email is roller2di@gmail.com

Thanks again...
    Roller

2. Sorry I cant help you with the tab, but I can tell you this. Get a good set of headphones and just listen. I play a few of these songs, jason aldean in particular, and actually just learned fly over states. The best I can tell you is to LISTEN, dont play once youve got the chord progression down, just LISTEN. Country has some KILLER bass players and Tully Kennedy from aldean is no exception! But, you can do it, just listen, listen, and then listen some more and youll get them, dont sell yourself short and give it a shot.

3. jeepin_jer1

jeepin_jer1

Dec 19, 2010
    Mukwonago, WI
  4. funkybass

funkybass

Oct 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Lots of great tabs! Do you use any slow downer software to help figure out songs?

5. jeepin_jer1

jeepin_jer1

Dec 19, 2010
    Mukwonago, WI
    Yes, Sometimes I use "Amazing Slow Downer".

6. 4stringsrenough

4stringsrenough

May 8, 2012
    I agree just listen . I learn songs by having them playing in my house and car . Then when I go to play them it's all there cause it in my memory . Works for me , hope that helps

7. MLC_BassPlayer

MLC_BassPlayer Gold Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Apex, NC
    One of my bands is starting to work on Crazy Town. I have a decent live version to structure a bass line.

8. Keithwah

Keithwah

Jan 7, 2011
    Milwaukee WI
    I'm another Wisconsin country bassist that uses the ASD software. I swear by it! You can create playlists and run through your entire show if desired. Very easy to use!

Probably the best $40-50 I've ever spent in learning tools ever. That is when Jeepin-Jer doesn't already beat me to it...not that I'm complaining at all! J-J has some of the best bass tabs around!

9. jeepin_jer1

jeepin_jer1

Dec 19, 2010
    Mukwonago, WI
    Thanks Keithwah!!

10. Got most of em now, still need "Find out who your friends are",but it's coming together. I need to get that ASD software... Definitely Thanks ALL!!1

11. Keithwah

Keithwah

Jan 7, 2011
    Milwaukee WI
    I was thinking the day after I bought it that if I had only had ASD when I was coming up...jeeez.. fagetahboutit! It is so cool to slow that blinding Jaco lick into slow-mo and save so much stinking time doing so.

Many think they are crutches, but seriously, that why its called a tool. Tools either help you, or they date your ex. It's your choice what you do with them. I mean seriously, I might have been good and not just good looking. But for guys who cheat licks , it sure is nice to be able to really hear them move at a speed they can pick things up at (and over and over...love its loop feature).

12. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Find out who your friends are is Tracy Lawrence, not Tim McGraw.

13. Tx Basser

Tx Basser

Jul 21, 2012
    Texas
    You might try www.countrytabs.com and search for the songs you need. They usually have chord and lyrics for most country songs and you maybe able to find tablature for the songs there too. Good Luck!

14. ZBirdV8

ZBirdV8

Feb 26, 2012
    Detroit Michigan
    I find with country you cant always find bass tabs, but finding chords is easy. Then you can play roots. Then start getting creative.

15. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    That's how I have always done it. I don't want tab, just give me a chord sheet and listen to the songs. Most chords are walkups to the next with a passing note and fill here and there.

16. snowplow

snowplow

Jan 4, 2012
    Michigan
    I had a lot of fun with Fly Over States. I love playing any Tully Kennedy song! Just figure out the progression and plug in the chord notes.

17. randysmojo

randysmojo

Jan 14, 2008
    Temple, TX
    +1 for listening. There are occasions when our band has. Couple of weeks off and it's all original music so I will still listen to it to keep it in my head, but I pick out little parts here and there that are not important but are cool little embellishments that when I hit them, the guys recognize it and smile!

18. Vegas_Local

Vegas_Local

Aug 14, 2012
    Brilliant advice, rnarrington1. Recently familiarized myself in the genre of country, not realizing what a dynamic and driving force the bass has in this music. Has made me a MUCH better player.