1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help with Filer/Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassboysam, Apr 20, 2010.

1. I am looking for a warm analog filter sound. I have narrowed it down to the EHX QTron, WMD Fatman/Super Fatman,the Wilson Effecs Freaker wah or Q-Wah. Not looking for anything over the top, just nice and smooth that can be easily be incorporated into the band.

Any suggestions? Am I looking at the right pedals or is there something else I should consider?

2. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    3Leaf Audio Groove Regulator.

3. ahh yes, I forgot about that one...

4. the Q-tron is definitely over the top, imo. Thsoe things can get real crazy real fast. They do have some great tones but they can be tough to dial in. Personally, for warm filters the only three I would consider would be the MXR Bass Envelope Filter, WMD Fatman/Super Fatman, and 3Leaf Groove Regulator. Probably in that order, though the WMD and 3Leaf are noticeably "fatter" than the MXR because they're both low pass filters while the MXR is bandpass.