1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need help with FNA Jazzman electronics

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by Mharris, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Mharris

Mharris

Sep 25, 2007
    Missoula Montana
    Does anyone know what this wire SHOULD be attached to and what it is? I just went to replace my battery and to my horror this wire is just free floating in the electronics chamber! Everything seems to be working on the bass just fine, which adds to my puzzlement.

7652354610_9c737ff9be_m.

2. Philonius

Philonius Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2009
    2k W of the Duwamsh
    Can you post a bigger pic?

3. Mharris

Mharris

Sep 25, 2007
    Missoula Montana
    I'll try when I get home.

4. JonKim

JonKim Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Looks like a ground

5. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Mharris,

If you can get us a bigger picture I would be more than happy to help you! It should be a very simple fix...not to worry! I agree with JonKim, it looks like a simple ground wire.

6. Mharris

Mharris

Sep 25, 2007
    Missoula Montana
  7. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

That looks like the bare ground wire from your bridge. It keeps the strings from buzzing when you are not touching strings. Needs to be re-soldered to the ground sleeve of the jack. The sleeve is the outer longest tab on the barrel jack. There are three tabs off the jack inside the cavity. The smallest is the (hot) the middle is the switched ground that goes to the black wire from batteries. The longest outer tab is the main ground thatÂ’s where it goes. One minute job good luck just use resin core solder. Cheers

8. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Thanks for the reply and assistance Means2nEnd! I agree completely...it should be a very simple fix, just as described. Please let me know if you have any questions or need assistance in any way. Thanks again!

9. Philonius

Mar 22, 2009
    2k W of the Duwamsh
    Odd, that looks somewhat different than the cavity on my FNA Jazzman. On mine, there is a three-way toggle switch which selects single coil/series/parallel pup configurations, located just about where you have drawn the red circle. I wouldn't contradict the ground wire theory, but can't say I'm 100% sure either. I await your report back on how the fix is going.

Off topic; wha'happened to the speaker in you other Flicker photos?

10. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Agreed about the switch placement I own a Corvette FNA Jazzman as well. The clue for me is it looks like it's coming out of the side wall of the cavity and that it's a solid core bare wire. (From what I can see, the pic is small)

11. Philonius

Mar 22, 2009
    2k W of the Duwamsh
    I looked at my bass again (in better light), at the schematic, and at the full res pic on Flicker. I now agree with that being a ground wire; from the bridge. Where you're toggle switch is, I sure don't know.

12. Mharris

Mharris

Sep 25, 2007
    Missoula Montana
    I bought an Eden 410XLT used from Guitar Center and when it arrived it was broken.

They ended up refunding my entire purchase and let me keep the cab. Too bad the speakers are creased. One day I'll figure out something to do with it...