Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Help With Identification

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by microrario, Aug 27, 2005.

1. microrario

microrario

Jun 29, 2005
    These are the only pictures I have until I buy it. The previous owner knows it's Canadian and from the 70's. That's it. Anyone have a clue?

Attached Files:

2. I don't know what it is but I like it!

3. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Yea, that's pretty interesting. Where's Dude @ when you need him!!
    If you don't mind my asking, what are you paying for that bass?

4. microrario

microrario

Jun 29, 2005
    I'm paying $200 including the case, which is nice because I was willing to spend up to $150 for a hardshell case anyway.

5. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Sounds like a great deal, worth $200 for the birdseye alone. You should ask the seller if they have the original pups, they may not sound great depending on what you'll be using it for but they would be nice to have. A great deal either way, congrats!!

6. That's pretty! ...and a mystery to boot!
    Congrats on the price; when you get it, post a pic of the headstock. There's a round emblem up there that might hold some clue. Can't make it out from this far away in the pic.

Nice! :D

7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    It's a nice looking bass. I am sure it sounds as good as it looks.

8. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    how about a closeup of the headstock insignia?
    that would help greatly
    cheers
    d

9. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    The Bass is made by a company out of Canada called Odyssey,it's from about 77-81 the Luthier who made the Bass name escapes me now but he died a few years ago.the company at the time was in the category and quality of the early BC Riches and the original Lado's(also from Canada)The Bass is of top notch quality and the neck is a very comfortably slim neck,the Bass is very versatile,(if I remember correctly Bartolin's(at the time they were called High-A) were stock)it can go from nice and punchy to as thumpy and warm as you want and everywhere in between.at the time the Bass was going for about $12-1400 the reason I know a Little about this bass is because the Bass in the pic looks just like an Odyssey that I once owned(around 83-84)and one that I wish I had never gotten rid of.What condition is it in?let me/us know if you decide to purchase it.

10. Coud this be the same company? http://www.odysseybass.com/home_en.htm

If so, looking at the basses, they've come a long way in style changes.

11. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    No that company is a different co.,and it's located in Europe.the Basses do look nice(kind of reminds you od Roscoe.