Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help with Mini Mo in L.A. area

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Music Attorney, May 30, 2004.

1. Music Attorney

Music Attorney

Feb 22, 2004
    I purchased a Mini Mo and would like to sit down and spend some time with someone who is an expert with this preamp. I'm more than willing to pay for this expertise. Any suggestions on who to contact would be greatly appreciated. I contacted SWR customer service and they did not have any suggestions. Thanks.

MA

2. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    MA,

I don't know of anyone to help you in realtime, but a great place to start on the web would be Bryan Beller's (LA session bassist and SWR mucky-muck who helped develop the Mo' Bass and Mini Mo') website - he wrote the book on the Mo'-series... quite literally, he wrote all 50 pages of the manuals. ;)

Some specific areas would be amps and speaker cabinets and the current rig. They're both based around the Mo' Bass as opposed to the Mini Mo', but most of the info is relevant.

I special-ordered my Mini Mo' after months of decision-making (read: waffling), it should be arriving within two weeks, and the anticipation is bulding day-to-day.

Edit - You might have better luck with answers in the Amp forum, and ask a mod to move the topic.

3. Music Attorney

Music Attorney

Feb 22, 2004
    Thanks for the great suggestion re: Bryan Beller. I had run across his website previously during my research, but forgot to bookmark it.

Not sure what your expectations are of the Mini Mo, but I think it’s an incredible piece of gear! There is a lot of dynamic interaction among the various effects and there are so many things that affect the sound of any particular effect, that I think you will find it can take a lot of time to really understand how to use it. In fact, I think it’s less than user friendly nature may be the reason more people have not bought the Mo. My time with it has been limited, but I continue to be amazed (and frustrated) by it. Best of luck with your purchase. Maybe we can start a Mo chat room, e-mail list, BB, or whatever ;-)