1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need help with my 96' MIA Fender Jazz Deluxe V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fiveoffour, Mar 21, 2013.

1. fiveoffour

fiveoffour

Mar 21, 2013
    Hi all.
    I bought this bass in 1996. I had no clue how to play, or anything about basses at the time, but the guy who was teaching me pretty much demanded I buy it. I know almost nothing about it (17 years later) other than it's the only Fender I've ever loved.
    I've tried looking up the serial number, but everything I've read says that the serial number from the 90's should have a N. Mine does not...it's just 7224067. Also, my tuners are different from any other Delux from the period. Mine have a metal covering. The ones I've seen have had plastic behind them. Any help would be much appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    Goto fenders website it will help you with the serial number... all I can say is you have 1 hell of a bass there and you should keep it it has those early fat pups too! Hope that helps and its American made ! it's probably solid as a rock. enjoy playing but if you want to get rid of it let me know. :)

3. fiveoffour

fiveoffour

Mar 21, 2013
    haha
    No, I'm not looking to get rid of it. I scooped a lot of ice cream in the ninth grade to buy this bass (it cost me $750.) It's the best Fender I've ever played. In fact, no other Fender I've ever played even comes close.
    I don't even know what it's worth now. I think brand new these things are around $1200 or so. Mine is (I think) 17 years old and in just about mint condition. Just a few tiny dings that you can't see unless I show them to you.
    Thanks for the help!

4. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    Np I have on owned several so yeah keep it!!! and good luck

5. The first letter of the serial number on the back of the headstock is an "N"...

:confused: