Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help with my powered mixer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by johnbegone, Nov 19, 2004.

1. johnbegone

johnbegone

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Not sure what forum this should go under, so I'll try here for now. I have a Samson TM-500 powered mixer that I got off ebay. Probably: only the left channel works. That's what I wanted at first because it's 250w per channel, and the speakers I was using at the time were only 150w speakers. Now I have much bigger speakers, so I want to send one output from each channel (fyi, each channel has two outputs), but the right channel is making no sound at all. Should I try replacing the fuses first? If not, what are some other possibility of the issue, and how much should I expect to pay if I have to take it somewhere to get fixed?

Any help you guys can provide would be awesome. I know I haven't provided too much information here at all... but I'm hoping you guys can come up with some ideas that will help me narrow down the problem. Thanks a lot.

2. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I could be many things. Clean the input jack, check the wiring for loose connections. If all fails take it in.