Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help with my slapp teq&sound

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Squice, Oct 24, 2002.

1. I´ve been trying to make my slap teq. a little better, like alot of you guys i just found out i´ve been using wrong from the start.. i have always used the joint of my thumb too slap but it the thumb was pointing a little down.. for me it felt comfortable that way and also for my index and middle too pop that way. but now i´m started to raise the bass up and take my hand lower at the side of my bass so i can get my thumb too point upwards, ok, i feel ok with my thumb that way but am having trouble with my popping. and also it would be great if you could give my some pointers about how you all reach good slap sound.. i really never have been satisfied with my slap sound. so that has a little set me off and takes all the joy out of my slapping. thats bad becouse i really love the slapping teq.. i know alot of it has to do with bad teq.. but not all of it... some must be incorrect eq and more...