1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help with neck details: on what basses can I find these options to compare?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rumblefisher, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Hi everyone. Deciding on a new bass (possibly and probably a custom neck on a warmoth or usacg body) and there are 3 factors I have yet to decide on:

1. Nut width
    2. String Spacing (I know, that's the bridge)
    3. Contour Shape

I am leaning towards 1 3/4 inch nut, but can anyone tell me what bass (playable at g.c. or sam ash or stores like that) has a 1 7/8 inch nut? (I don't like jazz sized)

In terms of string spacing, what basses have what string length? In other words, can someone provide an example of each spacing so I can compare? (I know, it's such a minute difference, I just want to try it out)

I am specifically looking for 2 contour shapes: D and U. I have pretty much always played C and I don't like it. Again, suggestions as to look at basses with D or U neck shapes?

Thank you all in advance for taking the time to read this and help me out. Gotta love TB.

2. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    More important than anything else is the neck contour. If anyone can suggest a bass with a U or D shape neck it would help. Thanks again...