1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

need help with new purchase!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by subterranean, Jul 18, 2007.

1. subterranean

subterranean

Jul 18, 2007
    Im not sure if this is the correct place for me to be posting this, but for some reason i can't access other parts of this forum.

well any way hello to every one and i hope some of you can help me with deciding on the new bass i want to buy. My question is if this...

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/msg/371144773.html

... is a worth while investment. currently i have a squier
    p-bass and the standard 15 watt amp every one starts out with. I have been play double bass in my high school orchestra and got my electric bass about a year and a half ago. I practice with some friends in a band pretty often.I have been searching all over to find this bass in this color, for a good price. I recently got a job and i can now afford this bass. My friend in the band has a pretty nice one he lets me use. Any suggestions and opions will be greatly apprecciated. Thanks!!

2. scootron

scootron Supporting Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Moved to Texas
    I'm very new here, but I have been keeping up with prices on ebay, and this one looks like it is in good shape and about what they are running on ebay, maybe even a little cheaper.

I don't know how craigslist works...using ebay and paying with Paypal provides certain protections. Are you local so that you could see the bass before buying it?

A new MIM Jazz will cost about $450. This guys says $250 or best offer, indicating he will take less than $250.

It might be different if you have a lot of guitar shops around you where you can find good used gear. There is nothing near me, so I have to buy most everything online.

The guys on this forum seem very knowledgeable and nice, so I'm sure you will get some good opinions.