1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help with P-bass Pick-up

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Charr, May 30, 2007.

1. Charr

Charr

May 14, 2004
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    A friend of my father asked me if i could take a look at his old Washburn B-2, because the D & G strings couldn't be heard.
    I have opened the pick-up, to look for bad wiring, but it seems to be in order (having said that, i'm not quite sure what im looking for...) The only thing that stood out was that the cable from the pick-up to the control cavity wasn't grafted on, but tucked away under the tape around the coil.

any ideas or thoughts??

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

given a P is wired standard as a split humbucker the only way for half the pup to work is either for half to be malfunctioning, half to be isolated and not wired correctly, or half to be a LOT further from the strings than the other half. That's for the pup itself, assuming everything else is wired correctly.

My guess is the "graft" you're referring to is the common lead that joins the single halfs that in effect turns the pup into a single HB.

See FAQ Dimento's Trouble Shooting Guide

3. Charr

Charr

May 14, 2004
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Thanks, i'll give it a try :)

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021