Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need help with piezo pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Apollo5, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Apollo5

Apollo5

Oct 14, 2005
    ok heres my situation I am building a bass guitar and need help with pickin the best piezo pickups. I've heard a lot about them but still have questions
    1. what is the best brand?
    2. what can i do with the pickup, as in, can i blend it with the bart pickups im getting ect...
    3. I read that there are good ones and bad ones which ones are which and how much $ am i looking at
    thanx a lot every one

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

not into piezo's although I've messed with them a bit and have a LightWave with piezo. There is some useful infomation on TB in previous threads so a search is recommended.

Seems piezo's typically have a seperate volume control but are usually built in to the bass when purchased or included in custom orders. There's no reason I know of they can't be added at any time.

Rick Tuners are probably as good as any but to my knowledge you have to buy the bass to get the piezo as it's an electronic package not just the piezo. Seems I've ran across some recs for better quality piezo's in a few posts.

3. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ