Need help with PJ Bass 3 way toggle switch and Parallel-Series Switch

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kamyon, Apr 13, 2016.

1. kamyon

kamyon

Feb 17, 2012
    Hi,

I recently picked up a used ESP Vintage Four bass. I'm really a precision guy but occasionally need the PJ configuration aswell. So I'll be using the P pickup only 90% of the time and then switch to PJ pickups. In addition to this, I'd also like to try out using PJ pickups in parallel and series: that is precision pickup in parallel or series with the jazz bass pickup.

I found the topics below that cover the 3 way toggle switch, but since I'd like to incorporate a parallel series switch I'm wondering if I need to do anything different. I'd like to have two switches: one for the P, PJ, and J pickup configuration and then a second switch for PJ pickups in parallel and series.

Thanks!!

Passive P-J Wiring w/3-Way Switch?
    P/J bass wiring with V/T/ 3 way toggle switch?
    Adding a 3-way Switch to a Vol/Vol/Tone

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  2. Series/parallel switching is done in an entirely different way, when you have a pickup selector switch.

8355571837_97aa5c6a3b_b.png

kamyon likes this.
  3. kamyon

kamyon

Feb 17, 2012
    Thanks for the reply! So since I want a 2 way switch for parallel and series, do I just go with the Gibson toggle diagram and omit the "C" connection? Or is this a dumb question??

4. The switch on the left is the series/parallel switch. The three switches on the right are pickup selectors. You choose one of them, and make the A, B, and C connections shown in the rest of the diagram.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 26, 2022