Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help with posting photos of basses, etc.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JPJ, Jan 9, 2002.

1. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I am a total novice when it comes to this stuff, and just recently had a CD made of photos of my stash. I would like to be able to post these photos in posts on TB, but am not sure how to go about doing it. If there is anyone out there who is knowledgable (and can give me explicit, detailed instructions), please help me out...it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

2. i'm not entirley sure because i've never done it. tell u what, i'll try it now and the tell u how to if it works.........

3. ok then, i didn't, so sorry, i don't know, so can u tell me too please? :rolleyes:

4. Often

Often Guest

Oct 4, 2001
    Stockholm Sweden
    You can upload the file to talkbass simply by attaching it to your post, click the browse button located at the bottom of your post composition page and select the file. If you already have a file somewhere on the net you can link to it instead.
    [-IMG]URL[/IMG] shows an image.
    [-URL]URL[/URL] shows a link to it.

Without the "-" in the code

To show your attachment right away you edit the post (after you've posted), use the IMG code and link to the URL of the attachment, which should be something like http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=?????? There should be a way to show your attachment without having to edit your post. I just have no idea how you find out the post ID before you submit it.

5. ok then, lets try it again............................

6. Sweet jesus ! your bass is hurt dude.. bring it to a local luthier for immediate surgery.. :eek:

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

And now that your attachment is on the Talkbass server, you can link directly to it in a post, and have the picture appear in the thread, like this.

[​IMG].

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

To get that to work, I used the [ IMG ] tags from the vB code that vBulletin uses.

Here is how I used it to get the picture to appear.

[*IMG*]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=401101[*/img*].

Post it exactly like that, except you take out the *'s.

Here is the vB Code help page, which teaches you all kinds of neat things that you can do with vB Code.

<marquee><font color=red><b>Of course, if you know html, that works very well here too.</b></font></marquee>

9. could u explane please allodoX ?