Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help with purchasing a NEW AMPEG CAB

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HRC Matt, Oct 18, 2004.

1. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    what is up you low end freqs, i gota question and myabe you fellows can help me out. my dad recently took back his mesa boogie 1-15 from me so now my mesa boogie 4-10 cab is just sounding a little too punchy. im a low end man, and i definitly want to feel what im playing. im selling my cab, trying to get a little $$ out of that and go ahead and match it to get another cab. im looking at either the SVT 215-E or the SVT 8-10e. i play this new age 'punk' and i notice most everyone is using the 8-10 but i feel if im getting too much punch from my own 4-10, why get 4 more. so if you could let me know your opinion or maybe offer another suggestion for a good quality low end cab. i have about 700-800$ price range to work with. thanks

2. the dude

the dude Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Indy
    only you know what you want to hear - but it sounds like you would like the svt610HLF. It has punch and bottom end - and is a bit easier to transport than the 810.

Then again, the 810 wouldn't sound like 2 of your 410s. You probably should hear one - ideally with your amp head.

3. megiddo

megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    See if you can find a SVT1540 cab. It's got 4 10's on top and a 15 on bottom. It's the same size as an 8x10 and it should be in your price range. They don't make it anymore but I really love mine. I'll be keeping it no matter what future gear I end up with. :bassist:

4. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    US
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    Great idea! If not get an HLF. They were designed for players like us with deep, deep bass ambitions. I have just the SVT410HLF but it's damn low and I love it! Good luck..... :bassist: